A Fact-Check for the Four-Color World

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Profile: Dread

After those neat profiles, mine is gonna be kinda lacking. I don't have much in the way of credentials. I have a degree in math, minor physics. And it's almost 30 years out-of-date by now. The good thing is, I can still pretty much tell you when the numbers don't add up. Of course, in a universe where a man can fly, or stretch his body like rubber, or turn into helium or ignite into flame, pointing out errata in the numbers and physics of the thing seems kind of . . .

. . . well, we'll just see what pops up as we go along, shall we? It's going to be one of those fine and indefinite lines that you're going to have to cross, I'm afraid.

I can probably lend some versimilitude about guns in comics, too. I don't have the same kind of pedigree that MacQ has in archery, though. All I know about them is based on experience, and research born of fascination.

Wow, am I the lame one of the group, or what?