A Fact-Check for the Four-Color World

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Profile: JeffreyWKramer

Credentials: MA, Clinical Psychology (Southern Illinois University @ Carbondale, 1990).

I have almost 15 years post-grad-school experience as a mental health professional, mostly working in community mental health and hospital settings, with some work within corrections settings as well. I am licensed as a mental health counselor in the State of Iowa. I've also been an educator, both as an adjunct college prof and providing continuing education re: mental health issues to mental health and medical professionals.

In my clinical work, I specialize in doing relationship counseling and in working with survivors of trauma and abuse and individuals with chronic mental illness and personality disorders. I'm very knowledgeable re: psychiatric diagnosis and forensic mental health issues and am also very knowledgeable about psychological testing in general, and very experienced with many of the standard psychological texts. I've co-authored a few clinical research papers (fairly minor ones, really) and the article on the Rorschach Inkblot Test in one of the previous editions of the MENTAL MEASUREMENT YEARBOOK (a standard reference book in the field of psych assessment). I do my best to keep up with research across the entire field of psychology and related disciplines, and particularly that relating to clinical issues.

My role here will be to comment on the depiction of matters related to psychology and mental health in comics stories.