A Fact-Check for the Four-Color World

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Manhunter #27: Two Minor Points

In my grand jury post above, I couldn't find an appropriate place to include two minor nitpicks. So here there are:

- When the prosecutor is showing the video at the issue's beginning, Kate objects. Although the judge essentially makes the right call, I can't figure out what Kate is supposed to be objecting to. She never states what her objection is, and subsequent dialogue suggests that she was objecting just to taint the jury. She ends up looking sloppy, and a little sleazy.

- I've covered this before, but in a courtroom, the American flag belongs on the judge's right. I know it's a little thing, but it's just so easy to get right. I'm not even sure where you'd get reference material of a courtroom showing it backwards.

Of course, even if corrected, these scenes would still be erroneous in the context of a grand jury hearing. But that's the theme of the other post.