A Fact-Check for the Four-Color World

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Invitation

It was suggested in the comments to an earlier thread that this blog could use some more regular contributors, and I agree. We've got a pretty broad spectrum of specialities represented already, but multiple participants is something that I think is invaluable in a group blog like this.

In a political group blog, there's no problem with finding material; politics happens every day. The same goes for entertainment, or science, or gossip. But new comics happen just one day a week, and most of us only read a handful. I'm sure there are other new comics that raise legal issues, for instance, but if none of us are reading them, then they go unaddressed. (And with the price of gas being what it is, I often go two or three weeks between trips to the comic shop as it is.)

We can always dive into back issues for fodder, and I plan to continue doing that on occasion, but who wants to read a blog devoted to picking apart comics from 1995?

So if there's anybody out there who'd be interested in joining our little fact-checking crusade, then send me an e-mail at lorenc @ uga.edu, and let me know what you know and want to share.

On the other hand, if you don't want to be a regular member, but a comic you read last week set off some alarms in your head, then I'm also willing to accept guest posts. Irked by the errors in the last Austen issue? Just type it up and e-mail it to me, and if it's a good and valid (and well-written) criticism, then I'll post it and give you proper attribution. And a cookie*.

So is anyone else out there interested in joining our little tribe of Accuracy Avengers? In putting on the mantle of Factman?

*Cookie offer valid only on Earth-2.