A Fact-Check for the Four-Color World

Saturday, February 18, 2006

SoD: Year One

This past Thursday marked the one year anniversary of this here blog. Granted, everything didn't turn out quite the way I'd initially hoped, but the fact that it's still up and running is a decent enough feat. I've rather enjoyed what's transpired over the past year, and I look forward to year two.

On a more personal note, I shared a couple of months back that my postings had gotten more sparse because of a temp job I'd taken on. Well, as of about two and a half weeks ago, that temp job turned into a full-time Associate position at that same lawfirm. It's not the prosecutorial work I was seeking, but after a year's worth of being turned down by the folks I sought to work with, I opted for the place that was actually willing to pay me. I very much doubt it's what I want to do long-term, but it's good work and experience for now.

So now it's not merely a law school graduate who's writing for this blog, it's an actual lawyer. To be fair, he's not really any smarter or informed than before, but it sure sounds better to my ears. Now if only I can be a lawyer who posts more often.

Thanks again.